- Company Name: Marcus Evans (M) Sdn Bhd
- Location: Kuala Lumpur
- Experience: 2 - 4 Years
- Keywords / Skills: Marketing Assistant, Marketing, Market, Business development, marketing campaign, Events, Promotions
- Function: Marketing & Communications
About Company COMPANY OVERVIEW
- Role: Event Management,Other Marketing - Marketing Assistant
- Industry: Advertising/PR/Events
'We look for GOOD people...
and we develop them
into GREAT marcus evans people'
It's been more than 30 years since entrepreneur and Chairman of the Group, Marcus Evans, launched the first of his businesses. Today, the Group has grown into one of the world's leading business information companies, delivering intelligent and strategic information to forward-thinking Companies at more than 1000 events globally each year.
With this wealth of experience at our core, the marcus evans portfolio is now as diverse and successful as the people that help deliver it: marcus evans Summits, Conferences, Forums & Professional Training, The Hospitality Group (THG), The Artists Partnership, Linguarama and Ipswich Town Football Club.
We're located in more than 60 countries worldwide and currently employ around 3,000 people. We've earned our place as a global leader in business intelligence, with our sophisticated lead qualification, face-to-face facilitation and process discipline. Wherever in the Group you're working, our mission, vision and values are our constant; the backbone of our organization in its entirety. It's these principles that drive us as individuals and as a Company to succeed - every. single. day.
Why We Matter
We matter to business because we've remained contemporary. There continues to be a strategic place for us in the market; there's a relevancy to what we do for businesses globally. In a nutshell, we help clients achieve their strategic goals by providing market intelligence that's nearly impossible to find alone, when time and resources are limited. We craft products that help clients drive their organisation's growth in a more timely, and cost effective way. We listen to what our clients tell us, so we too continue to develop our capabilities for them. That's our secret. We listen and we act! We're well known for the quality of our offerings. WHY JOIN US
YOU'RE JOINING AN ORGANIZATION WITH A WELL-DEFINED CAREER PATH THAT YOU'LL BE WELL-REWARDED FOR.
Our goal is to create a promising career path for you. We believe in organic growth. That means everyone starts on the ground and climbs upward. This is at the very heart of our culture. You'll be part of an environment where first promotions are possible in just three months as long as we deliver on our coaching promise and you deliver on your drive and determination. It's a partnership approach that creates this success for you and for us.
At marcus evans, we're really committed to making sure that people are equally represented at all levels of our organization and across all departments. We do this by creating equal opportunities based on merit. We've recognized that developing people for leadership is a continuous process and one that involves us being 'multi-diversity-lingual'. This is at the root of our culture. We're fully invested in that mission, providing the training and opportunities needed to make this an ongoing reality.
Our culture revolves around the outcomes of our 4 key promises: Money. World-Class Sales Training. Rapid Career Growth. Luxury Travel. Our environment is competitive! Success breeds success. To learn, you need to be a great student. To teach, you need to be a great coach. We've got both! We seek to hire great students to teach you how to be the best in your field allowing you to leapfrog over your entry level position once your training is complete.
The C-suite executives who run our nation's economy are the ones you'll be talking to. Surprised? One of our trademarks is doing and having things not always typical of people a certain age or with limited or different experiences. We know it's not about age or experience.
A high-energy, fun atmosphere, is typical of marcus evans people worldwide. We're like a global family so we're looking for folks who want to be a part of that family, where personal and team success are maximized.
We're extremely proud of our diverse culture. Our most successful teams are made up of people from everywhere, each with their own very unique perspectives. That's what makes this place so special. We want you to join us because of your great attitude and because this is how you think too. A great attitude is one where you respect others no matter their race, gender, class, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other aspects of what they look like or where they come from. These factors do not decide a person's success at marcus evans. Hard work and a great attitude do! Benefits
We offer a variety of benefits, which are tailored according to standards in your local office. Mission
To provide our clients with the information and insights they need to sustain their competitive advantage Vision
By joining us, you're buying into our threefold VISION where:
- We'll enable you to produce innovative products & services now actively sought by your clients
- You're respected and admired for the way you work
- You're seen by your clients to have made a tangible and positive contribution to their business success
You're prepared to live our three core VALUES
- Quality you can be relied upon by your clients to provide the quality of products & services they demand
- Pro-activity you see and do things differently
- Energy your positive attitude is at the centre of our can-do culture
... it's just a GREAT place to work. Job Description
Marketing Assistant for International Events Company
The 3 Reasons You Should Join Us ...
BECAUSE MARCUS EVANS IS WORLD-CLASS, DIVERSE AND SUCCESSFUL
The marcus evans portfolio of Companies is now as diverse and successful as the people in it: marcus evans Summits, Conferences, Forums & Professional Training, The Hospitality Group (THG), The Artists Partnership, Linguarama and Ipswich Town Football Club. We're located in more than 40 countries and currently employ more than 3,000 people. We're known for being 'World Class.'
BECAUSE THIS JOB MATTERS
For You - because it's a brilliant opportunity to launch your marketing career with us. We don't expect you to have loads of experience. We do expect you to have the right attitude. With that, you can do anything. Whether you have some experience in the investment space or you have a personal interest in global economics, you will find this work interesting. Growth options include management opportunities in Kuala Lumpur, or in one of our Global offices.
- For You and the Company - because you're going to be part of something special; something successful. Your work will help the continued growth of our Company.
- For You, the Company and Our Clients - because you can provide a real contribution to the development of the companies and people you'll sell our product too. That's big picture satisfaction.
BECAUSE WE KNOW WHAT YOU WANT
We know actual figures work best for you. You'll be earning a base salary. On top of that there's a very good bonuses structure. But what about the other perks? We don't think just money. We know there are other things you care about too. Your bucket list...Is marcus evans a 'BEST IN CLASS' business? Can you offer me ''WORLD-CLASS TRAINING'? What kind of 'CAREER DEVELOPMENT' opportunities are there? Are your 'PROMOTIONS based on performance MERIT'? Can I earn more than a basic salary with 'INCENTIVIZED EARNINGS'? What about 'TIME OFF'?' Are there any opportunities for 'TRAVEL'? Will it be a NICE PLACE TO WORK? Will I be HAPPY? We'll tell you more face-to-face.
- You'll be working across three of our product lines: conferences, training and Summits with a focus on the Asian market. Day to-day, you're managing multi-media initiatives. You're creating marketing campaigns, to showcase our brands and create awareness amongst our target audiences. You're negotiating with, and maintaining a portfolio of media partners and associations. You're monitoring, tracking and reporting on all your media activities per event. You're responsible for the development and maintenance of the event website throughout your marketing campaigns. You're coordinating an advertising and promotional timeline across multiple events. You're using social media platforms to reach out and engage with your target audiences. You're also managing all of the enquiries you receive.
THE MUST HAVE'S
- You need to have the legal right to live and work in Malaysia - Expats welcome
- Your speak and write English completely fluently ( Mandarin or Cantonese may be an added advantage)
- A Degree qualification - Marketing/Business/Communications might be an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- You're a good time-keeper. This means you arrive on time each day and meet your daily deadlines
- You have to enjoy a performance focused culture where numbers count
ABILITY AND WILLINGNESS TO LEARN ABOUT
- How to identify the right prospects for each event's target audience
- Researching, contacting, negotiating and closing senior level decision makers across Asia
- Planning and prioritizing personal activities and customer/prospect contact in pursuit of targets
- Account management of a personal media portfolio
OUR PROMISED OFFER
- Fast-track, performance-based, career progression
- A supportive and professional international work environment
TAKE A LOOK INSIDE OUR WORLD
- vimeo : marcusevans/portfolios
- facebook : marcusevanscareers
- instagram: marcusevans_people
We look forward to welcoming you to the marcus evans Kuala Lumpur Marketing team
To apply for this role, please send your CV along with your cover letter to this email BernardineMmarcusevanskl.com explaining why you think you're a good fit for our marketing team. Your cover letter should be addressed to Miss Bernardine Michael, Marketing Director, APAC, Middle East & Africa, marcus evans.
marcus evans receives many applications from talented individuals every day. Unfortunately, it's not possible to contact everyone. Please accept this note as a thank you for your interest. Only those people selected for interview will be contacted.
Lokasi: Kuala Lumpur